Sunday, March 08, 2015

Into the Wilderness: Day 13

Into the Wilderness Day 13:

A tension exists in the wilderness. The silence in the wilderness usually generates despair; at least initially. But, then a strange thing happens. We begin to wear the empty silence like well worn slippers. The silence has shaped itself around my soul like it was molded especially for me.  We don't choose wilderness, but once we commune with God in the silence of the heart, we find ourselves wondering if we would ever not choose it. This is easy to consider because it's not a choice we will ever have so we can explore it without fear. But, the silence I once feared has now become a close friend. Could it be that the wilderness is actually my first home, the home I was created for?

God who dwells in the silence of the heart, thank you for molding the silence around my brokenness and revealing that you are not absent in silence, but dwell fully there. Amen.

No comments: