Tuesday, December 19, 2006

JB Greeting Card


A few weeks ago I preached on John the Baptist. This is appropriate since he is the forerunner of Christ and the one who calls us to prepare for Christ's coming, a theme that fills Christmas time. I challenged our rush to get to Christmas by saying we need to put off Christmas until we are prepared for it. I said that though John the Baptist is certainly part of the Christmas story, I doubt any of us would be receiving a John the Baptist greeting card this year. I suggested that we begin a new tradition. Every year on the first week of December we should send out John the Baptist greeting cards, complete with axes at the root of trees and invitations to repent and prepare for Christ's coming. Well, some fine sisters decided to take me up on the offer. Here is the first ever John the Baptist greeting card. I especially like the fact that the tree in the fire is a Christmas tree. Last week I preached on Herod and have already received a Herod greeting card, with rumors of others on the way.

4 comments:

Darin L. Hamm said...

Good stuff.

Matt said...

I like it. What better greeting from John the baptist than the call to "Repent!"

drjimwhite said...

Hi, Danny. It's so good to see you serving in the Kingdom. I pray God continues to bless you as you allow Him to fill your life. It does my heart good to see your good work. Jim White

Danny Mercer said...

Jim, it is so good to hear from you. I've seen you post on Cope's blog and wanted to connect. Thank you for being such a blessing in my early Christianity.